The University of South Carolina Athletics Department recently launched a terrific new promotional microsite to drive fan excitement for the upcoming 2010 football season. The site features a number of interactive elements that have generated a significant amount of interest amongst the University's avid fanbase following USC Athletics across the nation.
The site's unique features include:
- Hometown Videos
- Where USC football players discuss their South Carolina hometown
- The Most Garnet Hometown
- Online submission process where fans can vote for which county they think has the most passionate South Carolina fans for the chance to win (2) free tickets in the Champions Club for a Gamecocks football game
- Gamecocks Wallpaper Builder
- Fans can create a custom USC wallpaper background that can be downloaded to their PC
- "What They're Saying"
- Live Twitter feed with updates and links regarding South Carolina Athletics
- Social Media Elements, Links to Drive Merchandise Sales, Ticket Sales Elements, and more!
The site's interactive elements have delivered immediate results. In just two weeks, the USC football microsite generated 45,000 hits, 1,700 registrations, and 300+ photo uploads. These figures will only continue to rise as football season draws near. Check back to learn about additional ways the University of South Carolina Athletics Department is engaging fans on-site and online!